Live Virtual Course on Developing a Requirements Management Plan for both Agile and Traditional Projects
How long is it going to take to “do the requirements”? What approach are you going to use? Is a BRD needed? What templates should be used? What level of detail do we need? How many requirements discovery sessions will be needed? Who should attend? When should they be scheduled? What techniques do we use (use cases, process models, story maps?) What authoring and/or collaboration tools will we be using? What is our process for reviewing, verifying, validating, prioritizing, and managing changes?
As a Project Manager, Business Analyst, or Consultant you need to answer these questions. This course will provide you with a framework and template to assist you in the decisioning process for developing an efficient and effective plan and strategy for the requirements definition and management on your projects.
With IAG’s Live Virtual Training, you get to learn from our leading experts on business analysis, requirements and architecture with the convenience and cost effectiveness of being online. From IAG’s state-of-the-art video-conferencing facilities, our instructors provide an interactive, web-based experience that puts you right in the classroom but with the convenience of being online!
Strategies and Approaches to Requirements Definition and Management
- The Requirements Discovery Process
- Iterative and Incremental Approaches
- Requirements in Agile: The Product Backlog
- Methods to Elicit Requirements
- Requirements Discovery Sessions
- Agile Epic and Story Writing Sessions
Planning for the Requirements Effort
- What is needed for planning and estimating
- The planning process
- Developing the plan and strategy for Requirements Definition and Management
- Determining the modeling and requirements elicitation approach
- Determining the form and iterations of detail needed
Estimating Requirements Discovery Sessions
- Starting with the backlog list of items
- Sizing each item
- Applying estimation metrics to the requirements definition iterations and tasks
- Validating and refining estimates
- Scheduling and resourcing the Requirements Discovery Sessions
IAG Training Experience
Whether you are attending online or in person, in a public or a private in-house class, our courses are designed to provide an enjoyable, engaging and effective learning environment. Our instructors are all experienced practitioners and our courses all include demonstrations, examples, and exercises to make the content relevant and meaningful.
Participants receive a participant guide as well as access to our online class workspace for templates, handouts, samples and additional reference material.