Become a certified AgileBA®
This is the full combined certification 4-day course for both the AgileBA® Foundation and Practitioner certifications taught by an accredited instructor. The AgileBA certifications are accredited by the APMG, and created in conjunction with the Agile Business Consortium. AgileBA is the world’s first and only independent practitioner certification in Agile Business Analysis.This four day course will prepare candidates to take the APMG AgileBA Foundations and Practitioner certification exams.
In this class we will cover the role, responsibilities, tools and techniques of an Agile Business Analyst — based on the Agile Business Consortium’s Agile Business Analyst (AgileBA) certification and the Agile Project Framework.
This course goes beyond the basic concepts of Agile and SCRUM and provides BAs with skills, techniques and an understanding of the role they can play in an agile environment.
Business Analysts are an absolutely integral park of an Agile project and development team. They play a key role in communication and collaboration throughout the project, program increment, or time-box. In addition to their traditional skills of modelling and specification, the Agile Business Analyst requires new skills in collaboration, teamwork, facilitation, leadership – and must adapt to new ways of eliciting, specifying, and managing requirements.
This course will clarify many of the uncertainties of the role of the Business Analyst in an agile world and outline the different ways of working with an agile team during the phases and iterations of an agile project.
This program covers both the content of the AgileBA syllabus in the AgileBA Handbook, as well as exam preparation, tips and practice in a four-day class. Optionally, candidates may choose to take this in three separate courses:
- The Agile Project Framework (1-day)
- Lean-Agile Business Analysis (2-days) (A practical course that includes AgileBA concepts as well as other frameworks)
- AgileBA Foundation/Practitioner Cert Prep (1 day) (A course focused on exam preparation and practice)
Participants who complete this course will be prepared to take the online AgileBA Foundations and Practitioner certification exams offered by APMG (which are taken online outside of class hours). (Note: Candidates register, pay, and schedule to take the exam directly with APMG, the testing and accreditation agency.) Contact IAG customer services for details.
AgilePM, AgileBA are registered trademarks of the Agile Business Consortium Limited.
The APMG-International AgileBA, AgilePM and Swirl Device logos are trademarks of The APM Group Limited.
This course provides Business Analysts with
1) the essential skills needed to elicit, analyze, validate and champion the requirements throughout an agile project.
2) the knowledge and practice as preparation to take the AgileBA Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
Specifically, this course in Agile Business Analysis will enable attendees to:
- Understand the difference between traditional and agile business analysis
- Identify stakeholders, personas, and their involvement in agile projects
- Understand what requirements mean in an agile world
- Describe the competencies and techniques of an Agile BA
- Understand the role of the BA role in the Agile team and their organization
- Capture and manage effective agile requirements for incremental solution delivery
- Recognize how an agile business case differs from a traditional business case and present a lean business canvas
- Learn how modelling techniques fit into an Agile environment
- Understand the importance of facilitated workshops
- Understand the different ways of working as a BA in Agile
And this program will prepare candidates for the AgileBA exams
- Foundation (40-minute multiple choice)
- Practitioner (2.5-hour case-oriented open book)
After completing the course and recommended study activities, participant will be ready to sit both exams. Candidates register, pay, and schedule to take the exam online directly with APMG, the testing and accreditation agency. It is strongly recommended that you take the exams within one-two weeks of this class.
The AgileBA® Foundation exam:
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Format: multiple choice
- Questions: 50 multiple choice questions
- Passing Grade: 25/50 or 50%
- Closed book
The AgileBA® Practitioner exam:
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Format: An objective test based on a single project scenario
- Questions: Four multi-part questions, 20 marks per question
- Passing Grade: 40/80 or 50%
- Open book (Official Handbook only)