Duration: 2 Hours
Credits: 2 PDU’s/CDU’s
PMI Talent Triangle: Technical
This two-hour webcast gets right to the point and covers the essential steps of a practical process for writing business use cases. It is all based on industry best practices and employs IAG’s proven experience and techniques for practical requirements definition. This webinar will explain what Business Use Cases are and how to document them. Using the business case of an innovative iPhone application, the course will follow a simple seven-step process for writing Use Cases as well as provide strategies for dealing with the common challenges of defining them. Participants will learn use-case documentation and modeling techniques using standard templates, worksheets and checklists. It will provide Project Managers and Business Analysts with a clear understanding of what they need to know, and what they need to do, to easily identify and write the use cases they need for their next project.
1. Business Use Cases and Business Requirements
2. Use Cases, the Application Life Cycle, and the Project Management Process
3. The Components of a Use Case
4. The Different Forms of Use Cases
5. The Seven Steps to Writing a Business Use Case
6. Detailed Use Case Modeling
7. Tips for Eliciting Use Cases
8. Use Cases and Business Rules
9. Use Cases and User Stories in an Agile Approach
10. Next Steps – What do you do when you’re done?