Duration: 1 Hour
Credits: 1 PDU/CDU
PMI Talent Triangle: Leadership
This one-hour webinar will explore the best practices that can be employed to overcome the inherent challenges of managing an effective and cohesive virtual team, as well as highlight many of the benefits which can be achieved using the virtual team management techniques that are currently used by IAG to manage our teams of consultants and client engagements across North America.
Participants will come away from this webinar with practical methods they can apply in their environment to help them communicate with, track progress on and improve results from the remote individuals and teams they manage.
- Assessing the team and environment
- Preparing for virtual communication and team management
- Facilitation techniques for running virtual meetings
- Leveraging tools and technology
- Tracking individual/team progress
- Resolving individual/team issues
- Identifying areas for improvement
Get specific answers to:
- “What steps can a manager take to prepare to manage their virtual team?”
- “What facilitation techniques can be used to effectively elicit and communicate information in a virtual environment?”
- “Can a manager “read” someone over the phone/ video-conference?”
- “How can the technology at hand be leveraged and used effectively by a virtual team?”
- “Which standard management techniques need to be enhanced (and how) to maintain control over and develop a strong virtual team?