At IAG, we believe in the power of a clearly defined vision and objectives to kick-start your project. In just a span of 3-5 days, our team of professional IAG consultants will lead a project scoping meeting with your key stakeholders. Our goal? To quickly define and establish the product vision, initial scope, and high-level business requirements for your project. Our proven methods and expert facilitation ensures efficiency and accuracy in project scoping, setting your project on the path to success from day one. Trust in our industry-recognized expertise to help bring your vision to life.
In a typical engagement, our seasoned requirements consultants utilize industry best practices to spearhead the initial analysis of the project or product objectives. This critical phase unfolds over an average duration of 2-5 days, and is designed to produce the requisite deliverables for meeting your initial project planning milestones. Our requirements consulting team, comprised of industry-leading experts, is responsible for facilitating this process. Whether onsite or remotely, they employ their expertise and our trusted methods to ensure a streamlined and effective project scoping experience.
The process, whether facilitated onsite or remotely, is meticulously designed to ensure every aspect of your project is thoroughly examined and defined.
- Initial Meeting with Project Lead and Sponsor (1 – 4 Hours): Our expert consultants commence the process with an in-depth discussion with the Project Lead and Sponsor. This initial dialogue establishes a solid foundation, setting the stage for comprehensive project insight and alignment.
- Scoping Meeting with main Stakeholders (½ day to 3 days): The heartbeat of the engagement, this scoping meeting offers an opportunity for your key stakeholders to outline the vision, scope, and high-level business requirements of your project. Anchored by our seasoned consultants, this critical phase paves the way to a well-defined roadmap.
- Preparation of Scope/High-level Requirements Document (½ – 1 day): Post scoping meeting, our team meticulously compiles the scope and high-level business requirements into a comprehensive document. This actionable blueprint serves as the cornerstone for all future strategic planning and execution.
- Preparation of Requirements Work Plan (½ -1 day): Our team then crafts a detailed work plan built around the high-level requirements document. This plan outlines distinct steps forward, ensuring an organized and efficient approach to your project.
- Deliverable and Plan Review (½ -1 day): Finally, the requirements document and work plan are thoroughly reviewed to validate clarity and alignment with your project goals. This final review ensures a laser-focused approach, setting your project up for unmitigated
Our seasoned consultants delve deeply into your project to produce a series of essential outputs. The Vision Statement provides a concise, compelling image of your project’s future state, serving as a guiding light throughout its execution. Identifying the Business Drivers presents a clear understanding of the strategic, operational, and financial factors driving the project. SMART Objectives are formulated to ensure your project goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
We precisely define the In/Out-of-Scope Elements, delineating the boundaries of your project and ensuring a focused approach. The Skeleton Product Roadmap provides a high-level visual representation of the product’s evolution over time.
Throughout the engagement we also help to identify and categorize the Risks, Constraints, Dependencies, and Assumptions of the project to help enable sound risk management.
Optionally some of the common work delivered also includes a Skeleton Conceptual Data Model that organizes the key information elements discovered, a Context Diagram that provides a visual representation of the product’s interactions with its environment, and a Glossary of the essential terms identified.
We also develop Prioritized High-Level Business Requirements, also known as Main Product Capabilities or Epics. This provides a clear understanding of what must be achieved. These feed into an Initial Prioritized Product Backlog List, which arranges your project components in order of priority.
Additionally, based on your input and our business analysis best practices, we establish a Plan, Standards, and Approach for Requirements Definition and Management and a Definition of Ready. This ensures that a consistent, efficient approach is maintained throughout your project’s lifecycle. This also encompasses a Plan for Requirements Definition (Schedule of Requirements Discovery Sessions or Story Mapping Workshops), further guaranteeing a thorough, organized, and effective approach to defining your project requirements — whether you are following an agile or traditional development approach.