Realistic Project Scoping
Business Analysts and Projects Managers are often pressured and challenged to obtain a strong foundational understanding of the scope of a project that is sufficient enough to enable effective planning or portfolio analysis or to start the project, while not getting too detailed — and often with little time and subject matter resources available.
Knowing the methods, best practices, and techniques to quickly and easily elicit or validate the vision, objectives and scope of a project can be an invaluable skill.
In agile environments, the scope is variable and will change through sprints and refinements to the product backlog, but an initial understanding of the boundaries of the product and main prioritized features that make up the minimum viable product is critical to an effective agile project.
No Public Classes currently scheduled
- How to use the right techniques, models, steps and questions appropriate for defining the scope at the early stage of project, program, portfolio planning.
- What methods are best for modeling and determining the vision and scope for a particular project.
- How a strong vision statement helps to define and validate the scope of he project.
- Understand the OMG Business Motivation Model to describe the goals and objectives.
- How to appropriately use techniques like context diagramming, process mapping and story mapping at a high-level.
- How to work directly and interactively with business stakeholders in defining the project’s scope.
- Methods to conduct fast and efficient analysis.
- How to apply industry best practices for discovering, describing and documenting vision and scope for various projects (new development, maintenance and package) and in various environments (lean, agile, iterative, incremental, and waterfall.)
- What is needed in a Vision and Scope document (with template provided.)
a) Select the course and class dates
b) Enter the participant name and email address
c) Add to shopping cart
d) Repeat for additional participants
e) Select the Personalized Exercise Review option if desired
f) Checkout and make payment via Visa, MasterCard or Amex
2. You will receive a series of email confirming your payment and with instructions and form to complete your registration
a) If applicable, complete the form to choose the AM or PM session for each of the days
b) Sign on to the class workspace to receive the course materials
c) Follow instructions to test audio and video quality prior to the session. (note: a headset with microphone is required)
3. If you have any questions at any time call of email us.