Senior Business Analysis Consultant
We are looking for experienced Business Analysts looking to take their career to the next level as a member of IAG’s highly respected consulting team. Join IAG and work alongside other experts on exiting and high-profile projects with our F1000 clients.
IAG has a reputation for delivering extremely productive, short-term, results-based services to some of the most prestigious companies in North America. We hire experienced BAs, PMs and Architects at the top of their game: Professionals that have the respect of their peers and clients, are passionate about business requirements, analysis and architecture, are expert communicators, are well read and write well, understand client services, and are able to balance the highest of standards with rapid results.
Our team of consultants have vast and diverse skills, experiences and expertise which help to add value to our client services. Most of our consultants have industry certifications such as CBAP, PBA, CSM, SPC, AgileBA, ACP, PMP, PgMP, PfMP, and others. They have experience with various methodologies and frameworks including SAFe, Scrum, Agile Project Framework, and various other hybrid and in-house approaches. Most will have direct experience with multiple ALM, PPM and RDM tools. And you will find many of the team members online as authors and contributors to research papers, articles, blog posts and group discussions.
If this sound like you — or you think you can add your unique background to our team, IAG might be for you. If you are driven, highly productive, client-focused, results-oriented and agile, with strong work ethics, excellent communication and collaboration skills you may be the type of person we are looking for — and you just may love working with our team and clients.
Our consultants work in teams on the most interesting of engagements for top organizations on short and medium projects — typically doing high-level analysis and coaching at the early stages, project initiation, portfolio planning, visioning, scoping, business case, project charter and business requirements level.
Qualified candidates will be fully trained in IAG’s engagement model and best practices. Once certified, you will be working with other senior level consultants, supported by our account management, practice leadership and administration teams. When on assignment, you will be travelling to client sites and be responsible for delivering superior quality work results.
You will be a team member on these strategic engagements working daily with all levels of business and technical subject matter experts, eliciting, modeling and managing business and systems requirements in structured, lean and agile environments.
You will be expected to write/produce highly professional deliverables such as vision/scope documents, business cases, requirement specs, RFPs, use cases, process and data models, user stories, as well as organizational documents (charters, playbooks, guides, templates) to support requirements and business analysis centers of excellence. As part of our RDM practice team you will be expected to share and contribute to our body of knowledge best practices through writings and webinars. And as a member of the IAG team you may also provide occasional adhoc support to the account management team in pre-sales and marketing activities.
IAG rewards excellence with growth opportunities in project and engagement leadership consulting roles such as; setting up centers of excellence, practice leadership, leading requirements maturity improvement engagements, process improvement, business architecture, training, and coaching roles.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitating, capturing and documenting business models and requirements in our Requirements Discovery Sessions
- Writing user stories, requirements, vision/scope documents, product backlogs, RFPs, use cases, process and data models, project plans, management reports, presentations, and whitepapers on BA and RDM topics
- Supporting IAG Practice Leads on BA/Requirements maturity improvement, CoE, and business architecture engagements
- Defining requirements definition and management (RDM) processes, SOPs, and templates
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of six years of experience, specifically as a Business Analyst
- Applied knowledge of requirements definition and management (RDM) and business analysis (BA) best practices
- Solid understanding of use case modeling, data modeling and process modeling
- Knowledge and experience on Agile projects (SAFe, Scrum, DSDM or other)
- Impeccable (and verifiable) writing skills (reports, specs, blog, whitepapers, presentations)
- In depth knowledge of MS Office with strong keyboarding and advanced editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of the PMLC, SDLC/ALM processes and frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment
- Two years’ experience in any ALM or RDM tools: Jira, Rally (CA Agile), Version One, IBM DOORS NG, Enterprise Architect (Sparx), Blueprint, HP ALM, eDev (inteGREAT), Serena, Accompa, Polarion, Jama, iRise, Visual Studio, Contour, Confluence
- Must have a valid US or Canadian passport with ability to travel throughout Canada and the United States.
Education and Certification
- University degree
- Some certification such as IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) PMI-PBA, IREB BPRE, Certified Business Architect
- Agile certification such as AgileBA, ACP, Certified SCRUM Master, Certified Product Owner, ICP, ICE is preferred
- IAG courses and webinars offered by IAG is a strong asset
How to Apply
Submit your resume to Human Resources. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.