Senior Business Analysis Consultant
IAG Consulting, a leading international IT professional services company, is looking for CBAP® Business Analysts to provide business analysis and requirements consulting services. IAG has a reputation for delivering extremely productive, short-term, results-based services to some of the most prestigious companies in North America.
IAG hires experienced BAs, PMs and Architects at the top of their game: Pros that have the respect of their peers and clients; are passionate about business requirements, analysis and architecture; are expert communicators; are well read and write well; understand client services and are able to balance the highest of standards with rapid results.
We are looking for professionals to add to our consulting team who are highly motivated, have strong work ethics, and take personal accountability for their work. If you are looking to advance to the next level of your career and want be part of a team of elite consultants who are highly respected in their field, then IAG is the place for you.
Our consultants work in teams for top companies alongside experts in the field on the most interesting of engagements.
Qualified candidates will be fully trained in IAG’s engagement model and best practices. Once certified, you will be working with other senior level consultants, supported by our account management, practice leadership and administration teams. When on assignment, you will be travelling to client sites and be responsible for delivering superior quality work results.
You will be a team member on these strategic engagements working daily with all levels of business and technical subject matter experts, eliciting, modeling and managing business and systems requirements in structured, lean and agile environments.
You will be expected to write/produce highly professional deliverables such as vision/scope documents, requirement specs, RFPs, use cases, process and data models, user stories, as well as organizational documents (charters, playbooks, guides, templates) to support requirements and business analysis centers of excellence.. As part of our RDM practice team you will be expected to share and contribute to our body of knowledge best practices through writings and webinars. And as a member of the IAG team you may also provide occasional ad hoc support to the account management team in pre-sales and marketing activities.
IAG rewards excellence with growth opportunities in project and engagement leadership consulting roles such as; setting up centers of excellence, practice leadership,, leading requirements maturity improvement engagements, process improvement, business architecture, training, and coaching roles.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Capturing and documenting user requirements and specifications during Requirements Discovery Sessions
- Writing vision/scope documents, product backlogs, requirement specs, RFPs, use cases, process and data models, user stories, project plans, management reports, presentations, and whitepapers on BA and RDM topics
- Supporting IAG Practice Leads on BA/Requirements maturity improvement, CoE, and business architecture engagements
- Defining requirements definition and management (RDM) processes, SOPs, and templates
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of six years of experience, specifically as a Business Analyst
- Applied knowledge of requirements definition and management (RDM) and business analysis (BA) best practices
- Solid understanding of use case modeling, data modeling and process modeling
- Impeccable (and verifiable) writing skills (reports, specs, blog, whitepapers, presentations)
- In depth knowledge of MS Office with strong keyboarding and advanced editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of the PMLC, SDLC/ALM processes and frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment
- Two years’ experience in any ALM or RDM tools: IBM Rational (DOORS or DOORS NG), Enterprise Architect (Sparx), Blueprint, HP ALM, eDev (inteGREAT), Serena, Atlassian, Accompa, Polarion, Jama, Version One, Rally, Borland (Caliber), iRise, Jira, Visual Studio, Contour.
- Must have a valid US or Canadian passport with ability to travel throughout Canada and the United States.
Education and Certification
- University degree
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)® would be an asset
- Other certifications and training programs that are considered advantageous are: PMI-PBA, IREB BPRE, Certified SCRUM Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Business Architect, and course and webinars offered by IAG.
How to Apply
Submit your resume to Human Resources. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.