- This event has passed.
Webinar: Writing a Business Use Case in 7 Steps (Jan 30, 2019)
January 30, 2019 @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM UTC-52PDU/CDU
|Credits Granted:||2 PDUs for PMI certifications |
2 Hours towards CBAP® certification
2 CDU’s towards CBAP® recertification
This two-hour webinar gets right to the point and covers the essential steps of a practical process for writing business use cases. It is all based on industry best practices and employs IAG’s proven experience and techniques for practical requirements definition. This webinar will explain what Business Use Cases are and how to document them. Using the business case of an innovative iPhone application, the course will follow a simple seven-step process for writing Use Cases as well as provide strategies for dealing with the common challenges of defining them. Participants will learn use-case documentation and modeling techniques using standard templates, worksheets and checklists. It will provide Project Managers and Business Analysts with a clear understanding of what they need to know, and what they need to do, to easily identify and write the use cases they need for their next project.
Key content covered in the webinar:
- Business Use Cases and Business Requirements
- Use Cases, the Application Life Cycle, and the Project Management Process
- The Components of a Use Case
- The Different Forms of Use Cases
- The Seven Steps to Writing a Business Use Case
- Detailed Use Case Modeling
- Tips for Eliciting Use Cases
- Use Cases and Business Rules
- Use Cases and User Stories in an Agile Approach
- Next Steps – What do you do when you’re done?
Get specific answers to:
- “Which comes first use cases or requirements? or What’s the difference between use cases and requirements?”
- “What is the difference between a business and a system use case”
- “How do you determine what the uses cases are for a system/project?”
- “How many use cases do I need?”
- “How detailed do the use cases need to be?”
- “What questions should I ask to build a good use case?
- “How many alternate flows do I need?”
- “When do I know I’m done?
- “What is the purpose of use case diagrams?”
In-depth sessions get you results – quickly. There’s loads more you get.
Notice from IIBA: The content of the course are aligned with the BABOK®, this 2 hr sessions qualifies for 2 CDU’s towards CBAP® recertification. They also qualify for 2 hrs of the 21 Professional Development hours needed for initial CBAP® certification.