- This event has passed.
Webinar: Data Modeling Best Practices for BAs and PMs (May 9, 2018)
May 9, 2018 @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM UTC-52 PDU/CDU
In this two-hour webinar participants will learn the essential concepts of data modeling for Business Analysts and Project Managers. Effective requirements definition requires a fundamental understanding of data modeling. Without it there is a significant risk that quality and value of process models, use-cases, user stories, requirements, and business rules could be significantly compromised. This two hour webinar is a perfect course that will give most PMs and BA’s everything they need to mitigate this risk and be successful in their roles.
For someone involved or responsible for the business requirements, business architecture or business analysis on a software development project, there are large number of questions to be answered.
- Do I need to be an expert in data modeling? (No, by the way)
- How detailed do I need to define the data,
- Why do I need a data model – especially if we’re working on an existing system?
- Do I need to produce a logical data model?
- Do I need to know normalization theory (I hope not)?
- What do we do about data if we’re ‘Agile’?
- What about modeling or data definitions for a Business Intelligence project?
- When and how do I gather data requirements with the SME’s? What’s the best way?
- Understand the key concepts of conceptual and logical data modeling
- Learn the steps to building a data model
- Write clear and concise and consistent data definitions
- Apply acceptable modeling principles
- Use/apply consistent naming standards