- This event has passed.
Course: Eliciting Business Requirements with User Stories (Jan 30 – Feb 1, 2018)
January 30, 2018 @ 1:30 PM - February 1, 2018 @ 5:00 PM UTC-5$1195
This is an on-line course taught live by one of our senior consultants from our state of the art video-conferencing facility.
Eliciting Business Requirements (EBR) is a complete 10-hour course held in three 3 ½ hour sessions over three days.
Our most popular program tailored for Agile environments. Learn how a BA can help start and support an Agile project. Understand how to use epics, story mapping and models to just enough detail to ensure maximum velocity and success on your sprints and iterations. For more information, talk with one of our specialists or sign up for the Jan 30-Feb 1 afternoon class sessions.
What you can expect to learn from this course
- How to use the right elicitation techniques, models, steps and questions appropriate for the various stakeholder groups (users, senior management, non-technical, business subject-matter-experts, detail-oriented, high-level, etc.)
- Understand the critical success factors for a requirements meeting including setting expectations, using a systematic process and questioning techniques, using visual modeling, keeping the meeting focused, using business language
- Identify clients’ business needs easily, without needing to be a subject matter expert
- How to work directly and interactively with business clients in defining project requirements
- Conduct fast and efficient analysis – maximizing the time and resources of the company
- How to apply industry best practices for discovering, describing and documenting requirements for various projects (new development, maintenance and package) and in various environments (iterative, incremental and waterfall)
- Identify true user requirements versus “nice-to-have”
- How to organize and model the information requirements into business objects and data elements
- Learn the steps, questions and techniques for business process and data modeling – using such tools as context diagramming, use-case modeling, data flow diagramming, functional narratives, process modeling, data descriptions, entity relationship diagrams)
- How to analyze client business requirements and produce requirement specifications
- Complete a business requirement specification that’s ready for design, development or sourcing software
See our website for more information on the Live Virtual EBR course.